Alright, so you might be wondering why a website focused on helping people get their real estate license and get started in the real estate industry has information for first time home buyers. Well, the answer is really quite simple, we felt that it was crucial to build a community where everyone with even the slightest bit of interest in real estate could come and learn, not to mention that we feel real estate agents and buyers should be able to utilize the same resource and walk away with a better more informed idea of how they need to go about accomplishing their goals, no matter what those goals may be.
So with all of that being said, our home buyers section has been specifically designed for people like you that are interested in buying their first homes, because lets face it, the real estate market can be tough and we want to see you walk away happy. Now that is not to say that more experienced home buyers can’t find any help here, the information within this section will answer questions that everyone may have during a real estate transaction, or even before the transaction ever takes place.
Please remember that our expertly trained staff is always here to help. If you can’t find the answer to your questions, ask us we will be glad to offer any advise that we can. Are you interested in buying or selling a home? Visit our partner site to find a real estate agent in your area.
Take a moment to browse through the page below, when you find a title that intrigues you, just give it a click and begin reading on the following page.
- Big City Living – Affordable Cost – You’ve decided it’s time to buy your first home. What next? Have you already picked out a location? Or, have you only decided on a general area that you’d like to live in without really knowing too much about the neighborhoods….
- Everyone’s an Expert – or not! - When you begin working with your real estate agent, you are going to find that all of the sudden, everyone is an expert in real estate. There are friends and co-workers that have recently purchased homes, there is of course family who don’t want to see you taken advantage of, and even people that because they have been through a purchase of a home, regardless of how long ago are still under the impression that they know exactly what homes cost…..
- No Real Estate License? Buyer Beware! – The other day I received a very nice email from one of our visitors that wanted to share his bad experience with an unlicensed Realtor. Although our information here is geared towards prospective real estate agents rather than client’s, client’s are the heart of our business, so I felt this email could be beneficial to everyone stopping….
- You’ve Decided to Buy a Home – Great decision, but is it informed? There is much more to buying and owning a home than a simple ‘it’s time to buy’ decision – that is unless you happen to have so much disposable income that you don’t need to even think about the financial obligations. Do you….
- Shopping for A Real Estate Agent – Scenario 1 - You are driving through your favorite neighborhood, you see a for sale sign on one of the properties. Grabbing your cell phone you frantically punch out the number on the sign and speak with Agent X. Agent X rushes out to the house and gives you a two and a half second tour of the home, moving you through quickly and gushing on and on about what a great find this home is, and how she showed….
- Qualifying for a Mortgage – Within moments of your first interview with a real estate agent, you’ll here the words “Pre-qualified or Pre-approved for a mortgage”. Now isn’t the time to run for the hills. Most home buyers, buy with the help of a mortgage. So unless you can dig up a few hundred grand from the back yard, sooner or later you’ll need to speak with a mortgage….
- Fine Tuning Your Home Search – You’ve found a Real Estate professional, you’ve pre-qualified for a loan, and now the search begins. What is it you’re looking for? Did you know that a large portion of home buyers purchase a home that is completely different than what they told their agent they wanted? It’s true! This causes….
- Signing the Contract – If this is your first home purchase or it’s been a few years since you’ve purchased a home it is always a good idea to read through a contract, and any addendum that would be attached to the type of property that you are looking for. The best time to do this is before you’ve decided on a home. Why? Well, contracts regardless of how well they are written, tend to always protect one party more than the other and real estate purchase and sales agreements are no different. The are often worded in a confusing or illusive manner, and usually difficult to understand by those not familiar with them. So take the time to read….
- Do I Need That Home Warranty? – If you’ve purchased any appliances or electronics within the past 10 years you’ve probably been offered an extended warranty – a piece of paper that says if what ever you just bought stops working you simply bring the item back and they repair or replace it. Realistically you can’t just….
- Time is of the Essence – In most contracts you will find a time is of the essence clause, real estate purchase and sales agreements are not the exception. What is time is of the essence? In short it is a time frame….
- Home Inspection – Don’t Wave Your Rights – You’ve found your dream house, the contract is signed, and the clock is running. The last thing you need is another expense right? Well, expense or not a home inspection by a qualified professional Home Inspector is a must. Saying no to this part of your….
….there are more topics coming soon!
If you have any questions about buying your first home, please feel free to contact us, or if you need help improving your existing home, we encourage you to visit Money Galaxy to find out how to get the best home improvement loan rate.